what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Tuesday, May 18, 2004

childhood fort

I have a fort. I'm about to turn 23 and I have a fort in my room. In my defense I can say that I didn't like voluntarily put it together - my future roommate Eileen moved some stuff in, including her mattresses and put them up against my bunkbed. However, there is a vacant room across the hall that I could put them in, but let's be honest...forts are awesome. It reminds of when I would actually voluntarily make them whether it started with a refrigerator box to sit in or my bed and lots of sheets and rope. Forts aren't a joke. There are usually passwords and ridiculous rules to obey. As a kid they are an escape from the parents and siblings; it's like your first apartment when you're 8. Now it's just an escape from my roommates. Just kidding. I let them play in it too, mostly because it's extremely entertaining to watch anyone try to get in and out. The slats of my bunkbed aren't too wide - it makes it that much more of a challenge. I also bought flavor-ice pops today. Another childhood memory. Green is my favorite flavor but to my roommates green means 'great big mistake' b/c I kinda told them if they ate the green ones then I would stab them in their sleep with frozen ice pops. Not stab in a killing sort of way, more like poke in an irritating way just to remind them that they shouldn't have eaten a green one. I don't like blue or pink so they're allowed to eat all of those...I feel like that's fair. I guess I should get some sleep - gotta get rested up for a day of playing outside. Rielly is gonna teach us how to ball. Should be interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home