what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Monday, May 17, 2004

graduations and weddings

Graduations and Weddings. Probably two of the most important events in someones life. Friday was graduation day. My roommate Christian and I both graduated. The difference however was that she graduated with honors and actually attended her graduation and I barely passed my classes and chose to sit out on this one. Her family all came in town and had a lil party for her complete with tons of food. That's where I come in...I love meeting peoples families and I love it when food comes along with it. Thanks to that party, we have enough food to eat for a week. But with the boys down the street coming down for every meal, maybe not. But yeah, we graduated. It's been a long time coming and it's almost anti-climactic for me since I don't have a great elaborate future in front of me yet. Oh well, at least I have a diploma with my name on it.

Weddings. It's that time in my life where it's normal to receive a wedding invitation every month or so and expect every weekend of your summer to be filled with a wedding to go to. Weddings are great...if you have a significant other then you can get excited and share in the idea of marrying that special someone. If youre single, although you are happy for your friends, it's also just a friendly reminder that you are single that turns into the small fear of 'am i going to be single forever and eventually become a nun?' Anyways..Harm and Sean's wedding. I was in the house party, or as Jose said, I was a 'house girl,' which honestly made me feel kinda dirty for a second...So house party...which is kinda like the jv of the wedding party, bridesmaids being varsity. But it's great because you still know you mean something to the bride to actually be a part of the wedding and you are delegated small responsibilities here and there, but you don't have to fork over all the money for a dress, shoes, alterations, a hairdo etc., go to all of the bridal showers, and don't have to worry about tripping down the aisle or fainting in front of hundreds of people during the wedding. It's a pretty good deal. The wedding was great...Sean shed some tears which in turn lead every girl in the church to cry too. Gotta love it. Harm was a beautiful bride and kept her composure well. Their wedding was great because it was like a college reunion. I got to see people I hadn't seen in a couple of years and that's always fun. So, mark that one down as a 'success'. No major catastrophes, no drunken relatives at the reception, a good cake, and a bunch of old friends. Congrats Sean and Harm. I know y'all are having a real good time on your honeymoon right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home