what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Sunday, May 16, 2004

a new chapter

So, this is it. Life after college is the general term and now it actually should mean something to me. Two days ago, May 14th, I graduated from Texas A&M. It took me five years, but I did it. Everyone asks, "how does it feel?" How is it supposed to feel? "Good?" That's my typical response but really I'm thinking...It doesn't feel any different from any other day this year. I don't think the feeling is really going to change until everyone is buying books and sending in checks for ridiculous amounts for tuition and I'll get to say, 'ha..i don't have to do that anymore.' So that's why I'm starting this journal. I feel like this might be an important chapter in my life that I'm starting so wouldn't it be great if I had a written account of it that I can look over later and hopefully see progress in? Plus, I always start hand written journals and have great aspirations to write in them everyday but then it never fails...two weeks later and I've already forgotten I have a journal. So I don't know how consistent these entries will be, but I figure I spend a lot of wasted time on the computer so maybe it'll be easier to keep up with than paper.

So...summer..it has begun. It started with the normal end of the year camping/tubing trip. Camping was fun, tubing was...not as much fun. The first two hours weren't too bad. The sun came out for about 10 minutes and the water temperature was bearable. However, then the sun decided it was done for the day...the clouds took over, a little wind here and there, and everyone is officially cold and miserable. You see people with their arm hairs sticking straight up, parts of their body sporadically convulsing from the cold, and hear every girl complaining that they shaved their legs that day. So, maybe I exaggerate a little...sounds like it was the most agonizing and painful trip ever and it wasn't. Having friends around you to share in the artic waters definitely eased the pain a bit. But, I don't think anyone would argue that seeing the bus at the end of the 4 hour trip was like seeing a beam of heaven shine down to rescue us. Then the trip always ends with eating at the Gristmill in Gruene which of course is always great. Then it was time to go back home. Us girls packed into 'The Silver Bullet,' aka Eileen's rental minivan that we proudly rode in. Sleeping in your own bed is the best feeling after a trip like that. Especially when it's the type of sleep where you know you have absolutely no studying or homework that you have to do ever again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home