what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Thursday, May 20, 2004

why i love mission kids

Although I love mission kids for a variety of reasons, one in particular would be their honesty and 'bluntness'. Take for example a recent phone call I had starting with me answering the phone:-
"hello?"
-"pick me up"
-"hello??"
-"come pick me up!"
-"who is this?"
-"dominque...come pick me up"
-"oh..hi dominque, how are ya?"
-"kate, i'm bored..come pick me up!"

...I mean, I love stuff like this. Dominque didn't waste time with small talk - no, hi, how are you?..she got straight to the point. No beating around the bush...I didn't have to wonder what she wanted, why she was calling. Oh no, her intentions were clear from the get go. Gotta love it. Sometimes fancy rhetoric and multi-syllabled words are good, but other times, low context conversations are great. No analyzing needed, no question of intentions...and that's why i love mission kids...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home