what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Tuesday, June 29, 2004

asian haters and disneyworld

ill start off on a positive note. as we all know, my family is frolicking in disneyworld without me right now. and to remind me of that i got a email postcard today from 'space.' in case you arent familiar with space postcards, there is an adventure ride at the epcot center in disneyworld where you can evidently record yourself having a wonderful time and then send it to whoever you want to in order to remind them that they arent there. i was the lucky winner for my parents. i get this ridiculous email video of my parents hysterically waving and kinda boppin around...maybe their form of dancing? im not sure, but put some mickey mouse ears on them and it would have just been perfect.

second..so i have this new found addiction to online games. with my new computer, i am able to log onto yahoo and pick from a variety and not have to worry about my computer freaking out and shutting down. so, whether its solitaire 13 or hold em poker, im hooked. i have to set time limits otherwise i would probably play for ridiculous amounts of time. its just so easy to get reeled in though...you lose a game and immediately a friendly window pops up with 'play again?' well, i cant turn that down! so yeah...but thats not even really relevant to the story, but i felt i just needed to share that. ok so last nite i was playing some game and a little chat window pops up and this dude starts talking to me. i dont know him...he probably just searched for people to chat with and came across me bc my profile has college station listed. so we go thru the normal friendly banter - age, major, hobbies what not..im giving one word answers bc im sidetracked by my card game...eventually he asks the question i know is coming yet always comes late into the conversation bc you dont want to seem superficial..'what do you look like?' so, for some reason i tell him im a cute little asian. not because thats really how i see myself but bc i didnt feel like spending the time being like..well..im 5'3..blah blah blah. so hes like 'oh i like asians..' oh geez. so then i say 'oh, i dont.' not really what he was expecting. so i continue to tell him ive just never been attracted to asians at all..i know its weird, but its true. its like im racist against my own race or something. but anyways, im an honest person so i wasnt afraid to throw that out there. so then hes like, 'so you dont like your parents?' ok, first of all..thats not a situation where i would need to be attracted to them...second of all, im adopted so my parents arent even asian..but if they were, im pretty sure i would like them. so i had to make it clear that i meant that i wouldnt date an asian, but its not like i dont like the entire race. but then he comes out with, 'well, i like all types of people...i look at the inside of the person, not just the outside.' so then i had to defend myself and tell him i wasnt some superficial person and that i truly valued personality and everything like that, but honestly if theres no attraction, then it can only go so far. he goes 'whoa.' so then i realize that my last statement probably came out a little wrong and now he thinks im some dirty asian girl...so then i have to defend myself and tell him im not like that etc. he was killing me...then somewhere in the conversation he misinterpreted something and somehow thought that i said that all asians had bad personalities. where he got that from, i have no idea..i mean, did he forget that i was asian? why would i say that? so then im trying to explain to him the conversation we had and how i never said that and he starts saying things like 'please respect all people more.' ah geez. are you kidding me? suddenly im this racist, asian hater. so needless to say i couldnt take the conversation much longer and he got put on my 'ignore' list and is probably telling all his friends how he met this horrible girl online. oh well. just some proof that online conversations are dangerous. talk about misinterpretation...wow. i dont hate asians, i promise. i just dont plan on dating them. and although thats weird and i know that...its just the way i am and i cant explain it. and some of my friends know this about me and are set on finding me some hot asian guy but its just never happened...but hey, anything could happen. maybe ill just wake up one day and have this strong attraction to yao ming...ill let yall know when it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home