what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Monday, June 21, 2004

the family vacation i got left out of...

So my family is going to Disneyworld...without me. Yep...my mom, my dad, my sister, her husband, and the little rugrats - Berkeley and Ellerey. I called my dad yesterday to tell him I loved him and stuff for father's day and he told me that him and my mom had been cleaning the house. I asked why...he said..oh, well..we're leaving for Disneyworld on Tuesday, remember? Oh yeah...the family vacation that I don't get to go on. Now before you let yourself think that my parents totally don't love me, I'll have you know that I was extended the invitation with one minor stipulation...pay my own way. Well, unfortunately my ever increasing credit card bill tells me that that wouldn't be a wise financial investment. So, I had to turn Disneyworld down. Of course when I try to guilt trip my parents into how its so unfair and that they must not love me...they kindly remind me that they paid for me to go to Korea last summer with my sister when she adopted Ellerey. Which is true...and I do know that the average plane ticket to Korea is the equivalent of..well..something expensive. So, I am then humbled and not allowed to complain..that is, until the next time I choose to bring it up. But I feel like this Korea thing is going to be this neverending debt thats going to be held over my head forever. Like...when I'm dying and needing money for the hospital theyre going to say...nope, remember when you went to Korea? Neat. So, anyways...I'm talking to my dad and understand this - my dad is like sixty and has the enthusiasm of like a 12 yr old boy. I guess disneyworld does that to you?? He was telling me all the stuff theyre going to do..these extravagant places theyre going to eat..blah blah blah...he even said, we might think of you once or twice while we're there, but probably not. My dad thinks he's so funny. Stupid Disneyworld...I didn't wanna go anyways...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home