what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Tuesday, June 08, 2004

grrr

yes, thats a growl...its a growl of frustration. frustation stemming from my computer that is startin to really tick me off. its incredible...i really dont know what happened, but its definitely breaking...quickly...so as a result of my awesome computer this is my second attempt at this entry. yeah, the first one i wrote...well, when i hit 'update' it evidently confused that with 'close window entirely and have computer screen freeze.' so here goes round two...

theres a lot of pressure with this whole journal thing...pressures to come up with deep thoughts, witty comments, and interesting stories. well, sometimes im just outta those. i could tell you 'dumb customers at heb' stories bc shoot, i have an endless supply of those...but i dont think they can be fully appreciated unless you are a fellow heb employee. so yeah, i apologize for going days at a time without contributing anything, its just that i dont feel like i have anything to contribute.

looking back at today, im thinking you might be slightly entertained by this story. so i mowed the lawn today. somehow i woke up with this overwhelming desire to start my day with this today. sometimes i hope that i'll come home and one of my wonderful, extremely good looking and kind guy friends will have come and mowed it while i was gone, but then reality kicks in and i realize that my lawn is becoming the disgrace of the street since all of the lawns around me are freshly manicured. so, yeah, woke up with a burning passion to cut the grass...so before i was able to talk myself outta it or contemplate whether i was dreaming, i got up, changed and went outside. so im mowing...my favorite part is probably either walking into spiderwebs and feeling the web on any bare piece of skin or maybe when i mow over ant hills and have to dance around them as i mow. so im in the back mowing around a big tent and i remember, oh yeah, i have a tent back here. now, you wonder, why do you have a tent in your backyard? well, you see, i put the tent up about a month ago bc i took it to garner over spring break and packed it up when it was wet...so to avoid an entirely foul smell the next time i used it, i decided it would be a smart idea to put it up, let it air out, and then pack it up again. so i finish mowing...feeling pretty productive, so im ready to take on the tent. now, since i pitched the tent..its rained quite a bit...therefore the whole 'airing out' idea has pretty much completely backfired. so i enter the tent with some beach towels and a bowl bc theres so much water in the tent that little fishies could have survived. now let me paint a picture of this for you...from the outside you kinda get this view...and keep in mind that the end stakes of the tent arent in the ground anymore due to some windy storms i imagine so the tent is far from being in an upright position...so..say, at a talent show when the curtain is down and someone is on the other side fumbling around trying to find the opening but is failing miserably so you just see them aimlessly poking around and you laugh at them? well, just imagine that with the tent except its kinda like the curtain is on top of me. from the inside...you see me crawling around...gathering up bowls of water and throwing it outside. oh! another fun thing...the second i get in the tent it starts pouring..not just raining or sprinkling..like monsooning. so...i finally get the water out, zip up the tent and take my soaking wet self inside. all to say...i still have a tent in my backyard...so can someone remind me about that in a couple of days?? so thats my lawnmowing/tent experience for the day. and people call me lazy...hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home