what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Monday, July 19, 2004

summer rut

im in the summer rut. dont act like you dont know what this is. i have a hard enough time being disciplined in reading my Bible etc, but for some reason when I have all this extra time in the summer it just gets worse. every summer it happens without fail. its not that i dont have the time, or that i dont want to necessarily...i do..but i just dont. for as long as i can remember, ive had this struggle...complacency, boredom, doubt...various reasons. this summer ive recognized my walk as more of a circumstantial relationship. thru various situations, experiences, friendships etc. ive truly felt the Lord teaching me, growing me, and convicting me. ive gone to Him in my weakness and frustration for strength, understanding, and joy. so its not that 'distant' road that i sometimes fall into where i just feel so far from the Lord i dont even know what to do. like He's not with me, that its not even worth trying to close that distance. its not like that at all. but thats whats dangerous. the Lord will constantly be using you and teaching you great things and i think i sometimes i allow that aspect of my relationship with Him to be substituted for other fundamental things like reading the Word and seriously studying it. and letting that time mean something...not just reading it to read it so that i can say to myself that i did it. i love application and how the Lord allows me to see how He's working in say, sometimes creative ways. like how opportunities come up at just the right time or a certain person is there right when you need them. but being able to reference scripture and having Biblical knowledge is important too. so yeah...sometimes i feel like my entries are mainly for entertainment value with stories of dumb things ive done or interesting situations ive gotten myself into, but i dont always say whats REALLY goin on. so yeah, maybe some of yall will be able to relate and be comforted to know that you arent alone in your summer rut! but maybe not..either way, i hope it will be worth reading as much as the others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home