what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Monday, August 09, 2004

dreams

dreams are weird things. evidently everyone has 3-4 on average a nite but most of the time i cant remember any of them. lately however i have had some bizarre dreams and maybe thats why i have remembered them. most of the time my dreams make absolutely no sense at all...people come from the middle of nowhere, one second im in one city and two seconds later im somewhere completely different but somewhoe it all makes sense when im dreaming it. i have new found friendships and enemies and good luck as well as misfortune. heres a synopsis of some of the more 'memorable' dreams ive had lately...

the first one was actually more of a nightmare bc not only was it extremely realistic, but i died as well. i was picking up mission kids out in bryan and it was at nite. christian was with me but for some reason we were on different streets so i was walking back to my car to go pick her up and ran into a group of about 7 people walking to their car as well which was parked right next to mine. we exchange some conversation and im kinda feeling uneasy about the situation but i get to my car and get in. i turn around in my seat only to realize that two guys have gotten into my back seat and then one of them like strangles me or something...i must have woken up around then but yeah, i think i died...so thats...neat. i thought maybe it was God's way of telling me to never abuse the rule of picking up mission kids without a boy? kinda brutal way of teaching me a lesson, but they say God works in mysterious ways...

my next dream wasnt as bad...i was driving on holleman and then suddenly everyone was slamming on their brakes and i rear-ended a big van. then however i was suddenly in city with crazy traffic and one way streets so we didnt pull over to assess the problem for like 10 minutes...we finally did and it was this weird family with like 15 kids that kept coming out of the van like it was a circus car. i remember telling christian to take pictures with her digital camera and the father of the family just kept yelling at me...

last nite i had a dream that i was on a road trip and i really wanted to go float the river. on the trip with me was like..5 black guys...and we were evidently all good friends though none of them were familiar to me. somehow we worked out plan for me to float down by myself in the middle of the nite and they would catch up with me in the morning...and this seemed like a really good idea to me. but then somehow i ended up at heb and had to buy slice and bake cookies first cuz thats normal and all. but then i was back on the river...and it started pouring so i went back to the car and one guy said he just wanted to go home. then another said, 'i say we just sleep on it bc i feel like God will bless us with a beautiful day tomorrow.' so then the first guy felt guilty for being so pessimistic. and i think i woke up about then.

so...my dreams...fun times huh? i know that theres dream interpretations and stuff like that but i just dont feel like mine are interpretable. theyre all really long and detailed too...i can remember what people are wearing and what they say word for word - its strange. and then in some, i die? thats just real unfortunate. i dont know if i like dreaming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home