what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Tuesday, August 03, 2004

heat index 155

it seems like i was just thinking man, it hasnt been too hot this summer...then all of a sudden its like 110 degrees outside. neat. i love texas. at least it seemed to get a lot hotter after i had moved. speaking of moving...moving really bites. packing is horrible. cleaning is the all time worst part of it. thats pretty much what all of last week was for me. i complained that heb didnt schedule me from tuesday to saturday but in the end it was a blessing bc i was cleaning/packing/moving that entire time. it was so irritating throwing what seemed to be tons of stuff...we're talking like 10 trashbags full...and yet, still having so much crap to move. then...cleaning a years full of dust and dirt..wow. that was pretty gross. and once you start cleaning you start seeing other things that are dirty and it just never ends. i was privileged to do most of the cleaning myself but then my dear old roommate christian came to my rescue and helped me so much on saturday. another unfortunate situation is that i didnt even really get to move into my new house yet. im in between leases but me and my other roommates stuff is piled very strategically in the garage of our new house. so for a week i get to live with my friend petie. i dont know what i would do without her...i would be living out on the street i guess!! and we're having lots of fun - shes already broadened my horizons by taking me to farm patch and to a bungalow! shes even going to help me make a resume. sometimes i feel like other people care more about my future than i do - thats sad. its august and i need to start looking for job. remember when i said that in may? yeah...talk about procrastination...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home