what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Thursday, October 28, 2004

my dad...

and yes, i still call him daddy sometimes. i love my dad...and what i love best is his sense of humor. if anyone thinks i have a good sense of humor, which i would say i do, i give all credit to my father. my dad and i can hold an ongoing sarcastic conversation forever. its great. however, my dads sense of humor tends to get a little..i dunno...ya know when people make jokes that arent the greatest but they end up cracking themselves up which results in it being funnier than it really is? yeah, thats my dad. for example..i get this email from 'elmer_phd21@...' and i almost delete bc im like...cool more junk mail. but i open it and end up reading a christmas wish list from my dad. yeah, its october..but thats not even the humorous part.

so im on the phone with my dad and am like, 'so..you got a new email, i see.' and he's like..oh yeah, you like it? do you get it? and im like well..you have a phd..and you like elmer fudd maybe? well..i was on the right track. he procedes to tell me that in the world of doctors its a 'joke' that they pronounce phd as 'fudd.' i mean, i guess thats what you would get if you tried to sound it out...so him email is a pun...elmer 'fudd'. so i know that he's pretty excited about it so i give him the courteous 'ahhh' response but he can totally tell that im not impressed. so he tries to defend himself and is like...well..it was actually already taken bc so many other people had thought of it so thats why i had to put the '21' on the end. oh dad...you and a bunch of other guys with their doctorates think theyre so funny...oh dear. gotta love my dad...gotta love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home