what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Wednesday, October 06, 2004

rumor has it

rumor has it that there's a career fair on thursday. normally, someone in my state..that is, the state of desperately needing a job but not yet looking for one, would get quite excited upon hearing such news. career fair? i need a career..put those two together. instead im kinda paralyzed by fear. first of all..what do you wear? some girls go all out and get the whole matching jacket and skirt or pants deal. very professional, yes..but very expensive as well. my good friend christian who is well versed in the job searching process told me to wear some black pants and a button down shirt and ill be fine. so that was comforting bc i have some nice black pants but then to my sadness i realized that all of my button down shirts were evidently stolen...or maybe i just dont have any to start with? i swear i did. but sometimes i have those spur of the moment closet cleanouts where i pull out clothes from hs and convince myself that i really dont wear them anymore and throw them out. maybe they accidently got thrown out in a moment of confusion. i do have one nice white button down shirt but after i tried that one on i realized that all i needed was an apron and a pad of paper to take drink orders to make the outfit complete. in other words, i looked like a waitress. oh, i also dont have nice shoes. so that basically leaves me with some pants to wear. i feel like my outfit thus far is a little shady. moving on...lets talk about my resume. its basically a piece of paper that shows that i didnt do great in school, wasnt really involved in much, and spent half of my free time at heb getting oh so important job experience. my objective at the top is currently blank. what is my objective? get a job anywhere i can..for the love of all things, please hire me?...that sounds professional. so yeah..things arent looking so good right now. i know i should go though. last year i never knew when career fairs were so it was okay if i missed them. this time i dont really have an excuse and other people know about it so if i dont go i'll have to come up with some extremely good, believable excuses......fine, i'll go...but i still need an outfit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home