what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Friday, November 12, 2004

thanksgiving

i cant believe i forgot to include my thanksgiving festivities. yeah..my family celebrated thanksgiving...a little early this year. and it was celebrated on a saturday - we threw out the traditional thursday idea. but yeah, for multiple reasons we had to have it a little early this year...most of the fam will be out of town, my brother has to work etc.so we celebrated as if it was any other thanksgiving...turkey, dressing, pumpkin pie..the real deal. my brother even brought his girlfriend, audrey. he's pretty brave having her meet the parents and all. hopefully we didnt scare her off too much.

this is how thanksgiving went...i spent the day glued to the tv hoping with everything in me that a&m would beat ou. meanwhile my brother in law is celebrating...loudly...everytime ou made a touchdown. not because he actually likes the team, he just knew it would irritate me. it did. meanwhile my brother and audrey are talking to my mom and my brother is probably praying that my mom doesnt do something weird or bring out old baby pics. my dad is taking a nap...bc he's tired from...just being old maybe? my sister is chasing berkeley and ellie around the house trying to prevent berkeley from breaking something and ellie from eating something inedible that she might happen to find. eventually the food is ready and i excuse myself for the first ten minutes while the game finishes only to come back with a pout and have my brother in law rub in the loss. i manage to stay out of most of the boring conversation until my mom starts throwing in questions about my plans and the job search and that soon becomes unpleasant and i just tell her id rather not talk about it. so luckily the conversation moves on and its time to dive into one of seven pumpkin pies that were made. oh, and we had an apple pie too...like that was necessary. so thanksgiving comes to a close and we're all sent home with lots of tupperware dishes full of leftovers and a pumpkin pie. just like every other year...just 3 weeks early. ill admit i was even confused driving thru my neighborhood on my way in seeing people playing golf and was thinking...why arent you people home with your families?? its thanksgiving!! oh wait...no its not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home