what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Friday, December 24, 2004

i love austin!

so ive been in my new apt for about a week or so and i love it! its just real cute and newish and i love it. the only i dont love is that its going to take about an hour to get to work with good ole austin traffic. i dont do well in traffic...so that will take some getting used to. getting up at 6 so that i can leave by 7 and be at work by 8 is going to take some getting used to. people tell me my body will get used to it, and i sure hope theyre right. another great thing is that as of christmas eve i dont work at heb anymore! ive worked there for a fourth of my life almost - thats the most pathetic thing ive ever heard. well, at least im free now. however i will give props to the heb in cedar park that i worked at this past week - they run a good store and the people that work there are pretty great. i guess anything is better than the crappy mgmt in college station and bryan.

so this is my last week of freedom before i enter the 'real world' where you dont get a spring break or summer and you have to get up realllly early. why does anyone rush thru college to get to this? my advice to my fellow college friends..stay there for as long as you can take it without going crazy. its a lot more fun.

i bought some new running shoes for a ridiculous amount of money but im hoping to get some wear out of them. first of all its almost the beg of the year and who doesnt suddenly have that inspired feeling to work out all the time? second, my fellow working woman friend christian told me that you soon realize you dont have many people to hang out with so you work out more. being here only a week or so, ive already picked up on that and she just might be right. so we'll see if i become the running enthusiast ive always dreamed of being...

oh yeah, christmas happened too, huh. well, christmas was great. i hadnt decided on what i wanted before the christmas deadline so i just got money basically which was great bc setting up a new place can add up. ive been living off of christmas leftovers for the past 3 days which has been nice yet makes for repetitive meals. the gift exchange that goes on b/w my sister and her husband is awesome. they give each other things that really they want. like for instance, my brother in law gave my sister a heavy duty utility knife/pocket knife and a wine opener. my sister in return gives eric the pretty in pink soundtrack. so its always interesting to see if the present theyre opening is really for themselves or the other. likewise, i think their kids are learning to do the same thing. my present from berkeley and ellie - a dora the explorer watch. i luckily have small wrists but its definitely a kids watch. its lime green and pink and my favorite part is for sure the flower charm that dangles off the face. so its good to be 23 and have that to wear to work. but overall it was a good christmas...the kiddos got so many presents they didnt know what to do with themselves...the adults ate a lot and all took afternoon christmas naps and then everyone got to go to their respective homes when they were tired of family bonding. good times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home