what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Monday, January 31, 2005

a day in the life...

today is day one of week five at my job. by now i have a good grasp of everything i do and how to do it. however, the work load is still minimal to say the least. people ask me what i do at work. so here's a day in the life:

leave for work around 735AMarrive around 815AMfrom 815~915 - definitely no real work is accomplished. however necessary duties such as checking my email, checking the daily woot item, checking box scores and recaps from sixers games from the previous nite if there were any, and sometimes making a cup of hot chocolate are a part of my daily morning routine. sometimes these 'necessary duties' stretch into the 10 o'clock hour. i cant really account for what happens b/w 10~12. i usually dont do any work though, i know that. somewhere around this time, i discover that christian has become bored at her job in dallas as well so we begin our daily routine of consistent emailing back and forth. besides that...sometimes i wander around the office...sometimes i play some games on the internet...or organize the workroom that houses all the brochures and such. i find myself getting hungry anywhere from 9-11 so i start thinking about what im going to go get for lunch or what i have brought and try to not starve until lunchtime actually occurs.

12ish - lunch time! easily, my favorite part of the day. not because i get to take a break from work though seeing as how i havent actually done any work yet. its my favorite part bc it involves eating - my favorite pastime. 1ish - this is when i do a little work. i process the few orders we've recieved up to that point, pack them up, and ship them out. that usually takes about...an hour..and if im lucky, two. i definitely take my time though. 2ish~3ish - this is when sheer boredom ensues. this is when i go to my boss's office and ask/beg for something to do. if im lucky, she'll have a random task for me. i joyfully accept and do it. when im done i give it back and ask for more. to my dismay, she usually doesnt have something else that day to give me so i go back to my office and carry out some of the 'necessary duties' from the morning such as checking email and such. i probably spend a general estimate of 2-3 hours alone a day browsing the internet. so if you know of any good sites, pass them my way!
starting at about 445 i begin the countdown to 5. at about 458 i turn off my computer and count the seconds down to 5. promptly at five i say goodbye to my boss and am out the door.

i then get the privilege of driving and sitting in traffic for the 45 minutes that it takes me to get home. on a good day i have not cussed, honked, or told anyone that i hate them as im driving :) traffic and i are not friends, but im doing my best to accept it despite our differences.

thats basically a day in the life...i know you feel sorry for all the work i have to do everyday...its a hard life, but someones gotta do it right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home