what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Thursday, January 06, 2005

im a workin girl

well ive almost completed my first week at work in what is supposed to be the 'real world.' the first day was a little scary, the second day they trusted me with a lot of responsibility and kinda let me off on my own, by the third day i had a general idea of everything i would be doing, and by today, the fourth day, i was already bored. but in an okay way. by bored i mean that the phone line was slow, i had processed all orders that had come in and i was basically just sitting at my desk...in my office.

yeah, thats right, i have my own office. its quite bare at the moment bc little did i know i would have an office to decorate! luckily i brought a cd with some mp3s on it to upload to my computer so i had music to listen to. i checked my email periodically..browsed the internet..read the policy handbook. lucky for me, christian gets bored at work too so we kept a nice constant email relay going on. it was basically like we were IMing each other..with a little work in between. gotta love that!

another highlight of my job is that the dress code is sooo casual. i think we're about a step away from being able to wear shorts and tshirts. people wear jeans...cordoroys...its awesome! the traffic isnt as bad as i thought either..i was expecting to have to drive about an hour each way with traffic but its only taking me about 30-35 min. which aint bad at all. and driving a new car makes it a little easier too ;) well, thats my week in review...im definitely lookin forward to the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home