what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Thursday, February 24, 2005

love is in the air

...but not for me. my roommate morgan however is now very happily engaged to mr kyle bender. it happened sat nite and i think shes still living off of the high. the proposal was absolutely romantic and sweet and well thought out. last nite she told me to never get married...first of all..thats about the last thing i want someone to tell me. maybe bc a tiny part of me fears that that could come true. however, she meant it in the sense of...dont ever plan a wedding. that i can understand..it seems sooo dang stressful. my parents evidently have some allotment of money saved away for my wedding but with the way things are going theyve probably given up on me and are using the money for their various trips to disneyworld and such. so then maybe i wont have barely any money for a wedding and i can just elope. that seems so much more fun. weddings are great but lets be honest...its thousands of dollars that lasts a mere day. and five years from your wedding, is anyone going to remember what color your flowers were and what the food was like? unless its the most amazing wedding ever, like halbert and jeffs, then probably not. yeah yeah...youll remember...thats true...and im sure that if i actually did elope then i would probably regret it somewhere down the line and wished that i had spend a ridiculous amount of money and gotten to wear the pretty white dress and everything. and theres two types of weddings...the one where the bride is cool, calm, and relaxed. the other is where the bride is stressed, crying, and freaking out about something..or everything. i have been involved in both types and of course everything works out in the end...but i just pray that im the cool, calm, and collected type. i dont want my wedding to be a stressful situation..i want to giggle if i want to...or for words to be messed up and be able to laugh about it. those weddings are so much more fun to go to anyways. and why am i talking about my wedding for cryin out loud...im so far from that right now. i guess wedding stuff will just be on my mind for a while since my roommate will be surrounded by it. should be interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home