what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Wednesday, April 27, 2005

direction retarded

yes, i amaze myself with how terrible i am with directions. and ill be the first to admit this..i dont claim to know where im going and pretend like i know...i will eagerly volunteer the fact that i dont have a clue. if i get directions to someones house with lots of turns i am guaranteed to get lost on the way back. and then when you throw in N, S, E, and W when trying to tell me where to go then you've lost me for sure. to me, N is up and S is down so i dont do well when this is used to express directions of roads. the only way i get around austin is from memory, not from actually understanding where streets are and where they intersect others, so thank goodness my memory is fantastic :)
all this to say, i got lost at
town lake yesterday. yeah, one would think this to be pretty impossible bc the trail is essentially a loop. but somehow i got off the trail and ended up on barton springs road..after about 200 meters i thought that maybe i wasnt where i should be...the fact that the lake wasnt in sight kinda helped to affirm that decision. so then i backtracked and realized there was a little bridge i was supposed to take to get back to where i needed to me. however, i am still extremely baffled as to how i crossed two bridges and ended up on the same side of the lake. but anyways, i finally got back to the real trail and continued my run. i had one of the best runs ever...maybe its all the other people on the trail that keep me running, i dunno, but it was a really good run and im going to go back today for another. my goal is to not get lost today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home