what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Saturday, April 02, 2005

a sad day in the world of comedy

when i heard yesterday that mitch hedberg passed away, i was disappointed to find out it wasn't an april fools joke...

http://www.mitchhedberg.net/

in honor of someone who made me laugh a lot:
"I wrote a letter to my dad- I wrote, I really enjoy being here. But I accidently wrote rarely, instead of really. But I still wanted to use it, so I crossed it out and wrote I rarely drive steamboats, Dad. There's a lot you don't know about me. Quit trying to act like I'm a steamboat operator. This letter took a harsh turn right away."

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said "I hear music" As though there's another way you can take it in. Youre not special. That's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it, but it did not work."

"I opened a yogurt and underneath the lid it said "please try again" as though they were having a contest that I was unaware of. I thought maybe I had opened the yogurt wrong. Or maybe Yoplait was trying to inspire me. Come on Mitch, don't give up! An inspirational message from your friends at Yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top."

"When you go a restaurant on the weekends it's busy so they start a waiting list. They say Dufrane, party of two, table ready for Dufrane, party of two , and if no one answers they'll say the name again, Dufrane, party of two. But then if no one answers, they'll move on to the next name. Bush, party of three. Yeah, but what happened to the Dufranes? No one seems to care. Who can eat at a time like this? People are missing! You people are selfish! The Dufranes are in someone's trunk right now, with duct tape over their mouths and they're hungry. We need help! Bush, search party of three. You can eat once you find the Dufranes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home