what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Tuesday, June 21, 2005

10,000 miles later..

yeah...ive had my car since january...of this year...and over the weekend those little numbers on my odometer hit and surpassed an impressive 10,000. wasnt really something to celebrate about...i think the average amount of miles put on a car a year is around 12K and im almost there and its only july!! luckily, im moving in this next week which should cut down my commute to work by about half which should keep me from filling up my car every 5 days. speaking of moving...

i hate moving...with a passion. i hate packing, cleaning, moving, unpacking etc. the whole process is just annoying to me. i am excited to be moving closer to work, having a new, fun roommate, and cheap rent. however, i will miss my cute little apt. i live in now. i guess i anticipated my stay to be short lived though seeing as how my roommate and i never made an effort to actually decorate the apartment or make it feel very homey. still...its a great place and i will miss it. but anyways, ive started to packing/going thru phase and have done a very thorough dissection of my belongings...half of which have been given away or set in a box by the mailbox with a sign labeled 'free.' it always feels good to condense the amount of stuff you have..the 'simplify your life' in a way. however, my fear is always that, in a couple of months, im going to say, 'where is ___?' and then ill remember...oh yeah...dangit! anyways...this is my last week in my apt. and the big move will mostly take place this weekend and i just cant wait...note the sarcasm.

not much else...this past weekend was fathers day so the family got together for fathers day lunch and then remembered that we hadnt celebrated my birthday yet either so we just kinda threw that in. no point in celebrating a separate day to really make me feel special when you can just kill two birds with one stone right? at least i got cake and ice cream...

as far as work goes...or more like, that place where i go for 8 hours a day and do little to nothing, is about the same as it was a couple of months ago...slow. im just dying for something huge and exciting to happen but i wont hold my breath.

went to the ryan adams show last week at stubbs. it was good...but not fantastic. it was pretty hot outside and he was having some problems with the sound equipment for a while. he played a decent amount of new stuff which was great. the downfall of the evening was when he brought out phil lesh from the grateful dead and played a 5 hour long song that was so good that the crowd started to thin as people decided to escape while they could. oh, and then the show ended...yeah..after the 15 minute 'song' he was like, see ya later. and no encore...kinda disappointing. but i still love the guy and his music and will try to just pretend that the duet with phil never happened.

and thats all i got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home