what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Thursday, June 30, 2005

being sweaty and stuff

yeah day 3 in my new place and the a/c broke. i walked in and it was a sauna..i thought maybe it just wasnt on or something but unfortunately it was and it was just blowing kinda cool, but not really, air. my roommate was outta town so i sucked it up and slept thru it the first nite. it wasnt too terrible bc it cooled down a little overnite...still..it was cooler outside than it was inside. thats not a good thing in the summer in texas. i was smart and camped out at caseys the next nite and it was absolutely glorious to sleep in such cool conditions..normal conditions that is. but alas, the a/c was fixed and all is well now. i dont feel like im working out when im sitting in my apt. now although it probably wouldnt hurt for me to work out but thats another story.

today is the official last day of me being able to occupy my old apt. im going by after work to pick up my last bit of mail and to give them my keys. heres something interesting..i hadnt met any of my neighbors since moving in until a WEEK ago. yeah...and then they act all sentimental that im leaving and one of them even offered to help me move my furniture if i needed it. what?? dont act like youre sad im leaving...we dont even know each others names still!! it didnt really upset me..it was definitely more entertaining that we acted like we were so close and that we would really truly miss each other..oh, and by the way, my name is kate. since moving into my new place, aka the retirement home, ive already met like 10 people..but i guess its different with old people who have been there for 20 years and wanna know who is moving into their community. ive never seen more old people laying out at the pool though, thats for sure..

did you watch the nba draft? did you see that fellow aggie antoine wright was picked 15th by the nets?? i was pretty excited about that. although the nets are usually in competition with my beloved sixers for playoff spots, they are a team that has players i respect. i would have cried if say, he got drafted by the lakers. so that should be pretty cool to see him playing with them this next season..way to go, antoine.

this weekend is july 4th weekend. i dont have big plans except for some designated family time on sunday bc my grandma is in town from NC. besides that..ill probably get some quality pool and sleep time in...sounds so good right now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home