what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Friday, July 15, 2005

mother?

all my entries are not going to have to do with being asian, i promise. that would get real old...i mean, i get annoyed with being asian so i know it has to get old to hear about it all the time! but i gotta share about lunch today. i was at the mall on my lunch break - a dangerous thing to do bc you have a limited amount of time causing you to sometimes buy things frivolously. anyways...before i window shopped i got some soup and sat in the food court to eat it. well, there were two asian women sitting across the aisle from me and between them they had 3 little asian girls. one of them...probably around 2..2 1/2 kept wandering over to me. but she didnt just walk over and leave...she would come over...stop...stare...2, 3 minutes later...still there. yeah. luckily she was kinda cute so i wasnt annoyed that she was just watching me eat. and the other asian women didnt find it necessary to get their child back...i guess we shared a safe asian bond or something? i dunno. but anyways...this girl...i was wondering if she thought maybe i was her mother. its a known fact, or saying at least, that 'all asians look alike.' and she was pretty young, so maybe she thought for a second that she belonged to me? i dunno...ive never had someone elses kid stare at me for so long. so yeah...i finished my lunch and left..and luckily the little girl didnt follow me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home