what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Thursday, November 24, 2005

happy thanksgiving!

thanksgiving. a time to give thanks. im thankful for a lot of things. namely, my family..my friends that are scattered across the US...my job, despite the fact that its not my 'dream job'...and finally being settled somewhere that i dont have to move out of for almost a whole year!

my fam and i had a great thanksgiving lunch with a fried turkey (which i didnt think tasted different from a regular turkey) and all the traditional fixins. we stuffed ourselves and then waddled to the living room to let the food settle. after a viewing of toy story we indulged in pumpkin pie - my favorite. overall, a great thanksgiving.

my cutie niece ellie and i have a fun game that we play. i blow strawberries, or is it raspberries, on her cheek. then its her turn which is always followed by lots of giggling bc she thinks its the greatest thing since sliced bread. ill play for a while bc i just get so much joy out of hearing her continuous giggle. so thats what this picture is of.

thanksgiving was almost perfect. until i came back home to my apt. and was going up the stairs and completely ate it. im not normally too clumsy but now that i think about it two of my most embarrassing moments involve falling on texas a&m campus...hmm. anyways...so yeah, fell up the stairs...the rough cement apt. stairs. got a little scratched up...but heres the worst part...i totally broke my digital camera bc i landed on it and the little thing just couldnt withstand my post thanksgiving feast weight :-/ of course all of the millions of leftovers i was carrying ended up just fine...but the camera - its a goner. but i try to think that things could always be worse, right? i could have broken an arm or leg or i dunno...something. so anyways...i laugh at it now bc i do way too many embarrassing things a day to take them all seriously.

so thanksgiving is officially over, but the rest of my long weekend is definitely not and that is something to be thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home