what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Friday, December 30, 2005

VAIL, BABY!

im going to vail! yay for vacations. my visit to kelly in her home of the last year is way overdue. i just booked a ticket for the end of february for a nice little 5 day vacation. its going to be great. ill get to see what this vail place is all about...do some skiing and whatnot...itll be great.

although ill be honest, the skiing is the not what im most excited about. ive been skiing once in my life - back in high school. it was pretty terrible. or rather, i was pretty terrible. and in my defense i dont think i got a real great lesson on the bunny slopes. mix that with my already lack of coordination and a pinch of clumsiness and it was a real big disaster. i snowed into buildings...continuously fell off the ski lifts bringing other innocent victims down with me...lost all control skiing down to where the lockers where under the lodge place and ended up 'skiing' on some asphalt for a while before colliding into the wall sending my poles and skis in every opposite direction. what topped it off was all the people sitting on the deck above rushing down the stairs to see if i was ok bc they had heard the entire incident happen and then being met by me laying sprawled out on the ground...my poles and skis not anywhere in close proximity. i also had no smart method of braking so when it was necessary to stop i would just fling my body to the left or right and just fall down into the snow. yeah... so needless to say, skiing isnt on the top of my list. but maybe kel and all her experienced snow bunny friends can give me a real lesson and help me overcome my complete lack of ability to ski. dont worry, ill let you know how it goes.

oh and ill get to play in snow! you dont get to do that too often here in texas. i mean, you always hope you'll get some each winter but right now im not sure whether or not to get out my swim suit or my coat. so i should probably put my hopes for a winter blizzard away....

but anyways, im excited and i have less than two months before i go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home