what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Tuesday, January 17, 2006

a blessing and a curse

ive discussed before how slaving away at heb for 6 years really messed me up. as a result from checking out groceries for that long i have all these ridiculous produce codes embedded into my memory. roma tomatoes...4087, green pepper...4065, canteloupe...4050. yeah, you get the idea. luckily as i am now officially a whole year heb-free i am starting to lose my touch with the codes. i can do my produce shopping without automatically associating four digit numbers with each item i buy, and that is GREAT. i can still however credit heb with my ability to do my shopping quickly since i know where everything basically is...one day that will fade too...

as i am in a new job now i realize that i am slowly bringing another curse upon myself. every one of the items we sell has a dang four digit code and since i am basically the sales dept. it is helpful to myself that i know them. so now instead of associating numbers with food, i automatically think of STDs. awesome. 1074? teen chlamydia 1061? gonorrhea. well thats just great. suddenly fruit doesnt seem so bad.

i need a job without numbers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home