what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Monday, January 30, 2006

see ya family

its happening. my family is moving far, far away. and they say its not because 'they dont love me' although my dad would sometimes use that as the excuse when say, i didnt get a car at 16 or everything handed to me on a silver platter. it was all in joking though - my parents really do love me.

my sister and her husband met each other at virginia tech and thats where all his family is. he recently applied for a job out there and its looking quite promising. in fact my sister and him are going back out to VA this week to make a final decision and look at houses. the job in VA doesnt want him to give any more than a 3 week notice. this basically means that they could be moving in a month. and by they i mean my sister, her husband, and my niece and nephew. and if you know anything about me, you know how much i adore berkeley and ellie and the thought that they are going to be states away really, really sucks.

and here's the kicker. my parents are probably moving too. why you ask? well, my dad is retired and my mom doesnt work and so their life basically consists of spoiling the grandkids. and it doesnt look like either my brother or i will be producing any children anytime soon so theres no real reason to stay in texas for us. and with neither of us being tied down at the moment, we might not be in texas in a year either. so...yeah, there goes my parents too...oh and my doggies. theyll probably take a little longer to move since they arent in a huge hurry and well, are old. but it wouldnt surprise me if they were moved by summer.

nothing is a hundred percent though. however, id say its close to 90% and believe you me, im pulling for that 10% to prevail as winner. but with the odds highly against me i gotta start facing the realization that my entire family, minus my brother, will probably all be living in virginia by the end of the year.

so theres that....not the best news for me and i try not to think about it too much because it makes me sad.

so...sorry this post isnt of high spirits but its my life and you gotta take the good with the bad, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home