what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Tuesday, February 21, 2006

dream big

my parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary this year. so that says two things - the first being that yeah, my parents are old. two, how amazing that my parents have been married for 40 years!!! for me, someone who has a fear of commitment, this is an amazing feat.

so my mom emails the fam saying that this year they want to celebrate with a family vacation. ever since all of us kids grew up, family vacations havent been something of high frequency - i honestly cant remember the last one we went on. so my mom wanted suggestions of any ideas, no matter how big or how small, of where we might want to go. she somehow ran across a paper from 1991 (yes, thats right) when we were evidently brainstorming for a family trip to celebrate my brothers graduation and my parents 25th anniversary.

i about died laughing when i read the list because i knew exactly which brilliant ideas must have been mine that were on the list. remember i was 10 yrs old. here's the list - i have highlighted the ones that im guessing were my contributions:

Around world in hot air balloon
Schlitterbaun
Sea World
Cape Cod
Disneyland and L.A.
Walt Disney World, FL
Hawaii
Cruise
Backpacking in Europe
Washington D.C.
Virginia (where Kuleen, my sister, was living)
Appalachian Mts.
Six Flags
Rocky Mts.
Canada - any urban area
Animal shelter
Alaska
Iowa (no we don't have family here)

so who wants to go on vacation to the local animal shelter?! i can imagine my family was very supportive of the idea and then laughed behind my back later. what can i say? ive always had a love of pets..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better yet, let's go to an Iowa Animal Shelter via a hot air balloon.. hilarious!!!!!!! i should have read it while i was at work...

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

look...iowa might be the coolest state ever and you just dont know it!!!!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home