what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Friday, February 03, 2006

what am i getting myself into?

so remember my new found epiphany on life and wanting to be a wedding photographer? well, the desire is still there but im feeling more defeated than ever.

i got onto a photography website and posted on a forum for wedding photography advice, camera suggestions. from what i gathered from other posts, the experience level ranged from novice to lifelong experience and figured i could get some good feedback. well, about 10% of the people that replied were kind and gave honest advice, helpful info. etc. the other 90% of the people made me feel about this big. i was mocked and ridiculed for basically just thinking that i could do this. and nowhere in my post did i imply that i knew what i was doing or thought i would be able to just jump right in and be amazing. one guy even told me that i didnt have a chance unless i spent at least $20,000 on equipment. call me crazy, but i dont think i need 2o grand to take pictures at my friends small wedding in nov. not that i dont think its possible to spend that much...yeah, i realize that its not uncommon to drop a few thousand dollars on a camera and once you start buying lenses, accessories, equipment etc. it would easily hit 20k. but i also think that that's a level you work up to and lets remember that im not even sure that this is something that im going to like so no way am i going to invest my life savings into it quite yet.

so...for everyone who is supporting me thru this idea and giving me encouraging words, i thank you. even if you dont think i stand a chance, thanks for not telling me that to my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home