what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Wednesday, April 19, 2006

first comes love, then comes marriage...

...then comes a baby in a baby carriage...

you are all familiar with this little rhyme...you would tell it to your friends in a sing-songy voice when he/she liked someone of the opposite sex making them utterly annoyed. well...as im quickly approaching the age of 25 (35 days...but who's counting?) this little rhyme is becoming the story of so many of my friends. i average anywhere between 4-7 weddings a year that im invited to...and with many of my close friends still single i know that number is far from slowing down. it was kinda weird at first thinking of my friends who were going to have permanent boy roommates that they were going to have to live with for the rest of their lives. weird to think that they were now wives and husbands. but...after a while you just get used to idea as more and more people around you are tying the knot. and its not like they were having kids or anything yet.

until now. babies, babies, babies. now that's weird. as you know, my friends kristen and jeff just had their first baby girl in february. some other friends, kyle and paige, are set to have their first later this year. other friends rayshelle and jeremy are expecting in a couple of months. and i found out yesterday that my best friend jen and her husband matt are gonna be parents the end of the year as well. 4 babies in one year. and i feel like this is just the beginning. so now my friends are not only wives and husbands, but also parents! dont get me wrong - i am more than happy for all of them...its just strange.

and this isnt a post about me being a bitter, single girl who feels way behind in life. i definitely dont. the thought of marriage kinda freaks me out right now to be quite honest. and i wont even tell you what having a child makes me feel like. so theres that...friends with babies...gotta love that. now my shopping trips will involve stops at babies r us and gymboree. at least buying baby clothes is more fun than buying pans and towels :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

yup! matt and jen sneller are gonna have a baby!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home