what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Thursday, May 25, 2006

a GREAT birthday

well the birthday came and went but i loved every second. unfortunately i did have to go to work but it wasnt too bad - i definitely didnt work too hard. i got to go to hula hut for lunch - YUM! i was showered with fun birthday emails, calls, and texts all day long - thanks everyone!!!

dinner was fantastic - here's the group that went. we went to moonshine and the food was great. and it couldnt have ended better with taylor hicks winning american idol :)

oh and about the second picture. yes, those are containers of papa johns garlic butter sauce. heres the story behind that. every tues. at work is staff lunch and every 3rd tues is pizza day. we order papa johns pizza and i always get one of these garlic tubs because i LOVE it. it is like a clogged artery in a cup and it's delicious. well i told my friend yuna how much i love these things...and maybe i went on a little too long about it. anyways...part of my bday present from her was 5 of these!!! yes, i was excited. maybe i shouldnt be excited about taking years off of my life by consuming them but whatever.

another thing. my entire family forgot my birthday. yes, its true although really not as big of a deal as it sounds honestly. my family is kinda weird when it comes to birthdays to start with and this isnt the first time its been missed...they just arent a huge deal to us. a couple of years ago my parents actually called about a week ahead of time and sang happy bday to me - it was awesome. so yeah..birthdays usually get celebrated on the weekend with my fam so i thought maybe theyre just waiting till then to actually tell me happy bday? well i ended up calling about 10 last nite and my mom answered the phone. i was like..."so...its my birthday.." her end of the phone = silence and then "oh no..." and then i hear her yell, "dave (my dad), we forgot katies birthday." so they did indeed forget. but not completely bc my mom had mentioned it on the phone on monday when i talked to her, so at one point (two days prior) she did actually know. and i will cut them some slack bc as you know we just had to put our doggie to sleep and now my fam is planning this vacation to disneyworld so things have been a bit hectic to say the least. so the story is more entertaining to others bc i know my family and i know they love me all the same.

so thats that. birthday is over. but thanks to everyone who made it pretty great...especially you, taylor hicks ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home