what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Friday, June 02, 2006

hmm..

these past few months i havent blogged about anything with huge depth or heavy significance. 80% of my posts center around reality tv or music. not that thats a terrible thing - its not like im the only person entertained by those two subjects so hopefully its not completely useless reading for you. if anything i can hope that my sad obsession and addiction to terrible tv shows is entertaining to others? and on that note i watched the first ep of 'the hills' last nite (laguna beach's side project highlighting a former cast members life in LA), and really started to question how old i was and what i was doing watching a mtv reality show about rich kids 6 years younger than me who probably spend my years salary in a month.

but then i started thinking of what i used to write about that didnt involve a tv show or musical reference. and it occured to me that what i used to write about was stuff that im actually happy im not writing about anymore. last year i was wondering why none of my friends from college came to austin and instead moved to dallas, houston, ny, or colorado. last year i was wondering if i was going to find a good church. last year i was wondering if there was something wrong with me and why the heck was making friends so hard? last year i was wondering about every 2 weeks whether or not i was going to walk into my boss' office and say "i quit." last year i was wondering if austin was where i was supposed to be bc it sure was hard to be here...

this year im more than happy to be in austin and love so much about this city that i could go on forever. this year i have great friends whom i love and appreciate. and they might not be my 'old' friends but that doesnt make them any less significant - they're just new. this year i am happy to say that i go to austin stone community church regularly and am in a great weekly community group. this year i joined a gym (something i thought i would never do) and actually look forward to going (something i thought id never say). this year i cant say that i love my job still but for once im content with being here. my time is occupied a lot more with new responsibilities and i get to go to chicago for a week in july. this year ive decided to stop talking about how much i love photography and actually start trying to learn more about it. this year as well as last ive grown to appreciate the importance of family and have really enjoyed the chance to see my parents and siblings and neice and nephew on a regular basis. this year...i know my life is here and thats where i want it to be...and life is good.

so yeah...the seriousness level of my blogs might have gone down a notch over the past few months. but looking back...thats a great thing.

have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home