what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Wednesday, June 28, 2006

where are my overalls?

yes, two posts in one day. can you handle it? things were a bit nutty here at work so i didnt have a lot of quality posting time, bc yes, i do most of my blogging at work. great job i have. anyways, things have slowed down for a sec giving me an opportunity to take up more of your time. and just so you know, i typed "slown" in that last sentence the first time. slown...is not a word.

so my parents bought a new house, like yesterday i think. not new in general, but new to them. and so not new that theyve decided to basically tear it all down and start all over. yeah, they learned that they can save lots of money by doing demolition themselves. its like extreme home makeover without ty, paul, michael, the bulldozers, and a crew of 500 people. so who gets to do demo, you ask? yours truly. and her trusty team comprised of the sister, brother, and brother-in-law. and i guess berkeley and ellie but really what good are a 3 1/2 yr old and a 6 yr old? theyre gonna be pickin daisies in the backyard the whole time. so yeah, my parents drafted us kids, or rather told us we had no choice, to do all the demolition to the house before the real workers come in and make it all pretty. my mom emailed us a list of what needs to be done and lets just say it was lengthy enough that there was a lot of page scrolling required. some of my favorites were "take down wall in kitchen," "take out dropped ceiling in kitchen," "remove all baseboards from entire house," "pull all wallpaper off all walls," "remove every cabinet in house," etc, etc, etc. and by "favorites" i mean not looking forward to at all, and by "etc, etc, etc" i mean 12 other bullet pointed duties. so yeah...cant wait for that to start!

oh and maybe youre wondering why my parents bought a new house? well you see...we moved to good ole georgetown, home of all retired persons in texas, back when i was in college. evidently mom and dad didnt realize how much crap they had and moved into a house not quite large enough to hold everything. thus, the desire to move 5 years later. heres the best part though...theyre moving in literally across the street from my sister and her fam. and my sister evidently thinks this is a good idea. i mean, it will be great for the grandkids to be able to run across the street and see gma and gpa. shoot...free babysitting! i personally cant help but have episodes of everybody loves raymond go through my head though. if you dont watch that show then that will mean nothing to you. anyways, so i guess everyone involved thinks its a great idea...and just as long as they dont expect my brother and i to move in on either side of them then i guess i think its a great idea too.

oh and for some more fun...theyre planning on getting a pool too. no, we dont have to dig the hole for that...at least as far as i know. i have ALWAYS wanted a pool and now they get one? its my parents crafty way of keeping us kids close. hey whatever works...i will be there opening day with my floaty.

i will keep you posted on demolition. my family in close quarters for days at a time armed with tools - guaranteed to produce some good stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home