what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Sunday, July 23, 2006

here and there...but not as much here

sorry ive been a slacker blogger lately. sometimes i have little motivation to write because i dont have anything blog worthy. plus i sometimes feel like no one really reads my blog. and although i know that's not the case, i tend to feel like my blogging is me having a conversation with myself. and i think some of that has to do with the lack of comments i receive. and that could be bc my posts leave nothing to motivate a person to respond to. which i accept as true...but then again, my life isnt all parties, excitment, and overflowing hysteria everyday and im not going to try and deceive you into thinking so.

or this comment lacking could be what i like to think of as "comment fear." i think a lot of people suffer from this and i dont really get it. i think i can say on behalf of a lot of bloggers in the world that comments make us feel good. not like we need it to exist, or that we determine our self worth from the number of comments we have....however its fun to know who is reading your blog and at least feel like we're not writing into thin air for nothing. and ill even have people tell me they were thinking of leaving a comment, or even tried to but then ended up erasing it or something. things like this result in blank stares mixed with puzzlement from me.

what is this "comment fear?" are you afraid of what other people will think when they read your comment- like it's not comment worthy? im pretty sure i write about stuff that is plenty stupid so you shouldnt have to worry about any judgement thrown your way. so with that, dont be afraid of the commenting, people. its good for you...it's freeing...it will change your life (ok, honestly it probably won't however your writer will appreciate it, i promise). and now since ive upped the pressure i know for a fact that i will not receive any more comments...

ps...i do know the purpose of paragraphs and i realize that my paragraph breaks werent really necessary since all three paragraphs were a continuing story. however i also know that its annoying when a post is just one huge ginormous paragraph bc its harder to read. thus, the reason for odd breaks.

post script script....i made some changes to my sidebar action. changed up the pics in the slideshow. so if you have an extra minute or two, kick back, relax and take a look. and i changed my perusing list. if you were on my list of blogs but hadnt updated since the year of big foot then you got the boot. plus i added some other links to things i waste my time looking at.

post script script script. ive seriously edited this blog 4 times. can you tell i had a SUPER productive day? well, i added a little grey's anatomy love as well. you might have seen this litle video/promo/whatever on tv lately. its kinda a 2 season recap in 4 minutes and it makes me remember why i became addicted to the show. oh and in case youre wondering, new season starts end of sept. GET EXCITED.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no, far from it! i actually checked your blog every day last week to see if you've posted anything, so i was pleased to see a new posting. :) i said in my previous comment on another one of your postings...i came across your blog randomly, and got hooked. keep em' coming. :) i love it!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll admit, I'm a reader and not a commenter. I don't think I have comment fear, just don't have a comment to make. Remember the one time that I had a great comment and the website wouldn't let me post. Yeah, that frustration could have led to future lack of comments. I'll try to be better!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home