what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Wednesday, September 20, 2006

good news

like how im posting every point two seconds? yeah, being unemployed gives you LOTS of free time. dont worry, i am being productive in my free time - looking for jobs etc., but when you dont have a job that takes up 8 hours you still have lots of time that you dont know what to do with.

but anyways, i have some exciting news. no, i dont have a new job yet but i have recently been chosen for a contract photography project. i will be taking pics for approximately 90 sites in austin (restaurants, stores, parks) that will be used on a website company called homeandabroad.com. it's basically an online congierge that helps you plan your vacations and trips based on info. you give them. i think it's a neat idea and it's linked with expedia.com so hopefully itll be pretty successful.

the "job" was posted on craigslist (yes, just another reason for me to love that site) and i emailed back and forth with someone about the details and after sending him some samples of my stuff, he picked me! and i do get paid for each pic which is pretty great. its kinda a long process though - taking the pics, sending them in, them being picked out, sending me the check, etc so it wont necessarily be an immediate source of income. however, im not really doing it for the money anyways. sure, that's a bonus but more importantly it will give me more experience, more exposure to the public, and hopefully more credibility.

there's that saying, "when one door closes, another one opens." i'll take this as my open door. wish me luck - it might be tricky for me to find all these 90 places seeing as how i get lost in austin on a daily basis...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great! Congrats, Kate. I'd love a job like that. And there are so many great Ausitn spots - I can't imagine running out of them. Go you!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how exciting!!! can't wait to see the pics you're going to be taking :)

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home