what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Thursday, January 25, 2007

sigh

the ags lost last nite...to tech...dirty, stupid tech. quite a tragedy.

so, on a lighter note...here's a work story for ya.

one of our workers here needed a letter of recommendation from one of the foremen. so he said, sure, we'll write you up one. so him and another guy here whipped up a nice little letter for the guy. but not without creating a fake one first. the fake one wasn't quite as positive as the first one. in fact it was quite the opposite and about 3 paragraphs in length of all the reasons why this guy was an absolute terrible excuse for a worker. my "favorite" sentence of the letter started off something like, (and excuse me for taking my blog to an inappropriate for children level) "i would rather slam my nuts in a drawer than [recommend you for this apprenticeship or something like that]" and apart from that sentence i must say it was very eloquently written and remained on a somewhat professional sounding level but just said incredibly terrible things about poor jose. terrible...yet hilarious.

and who got to be the one to hand the letter to the guy when he came? yep, me. he came in, asked for it, i gave it to him, buried my face in my hands because i couldn't look at him while he read it, he read it and quickly realized that it surely wasn't the right letter, started laughing, i gave him the correct letter, he decided he liked that one a little better.

and that is why i love working with all men. never a dull moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home