what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Monday, January 01, 2007

YEAR IN REVIEW!

'06 is done with and '07 is here. therefore it's time for your year in review. with the aid of blogging archives i will go over the highs, lows, and favorite memories of 2006. ENJOY!

2006 was busy...this is what happened...give or take lots of things:
*the longhorns became national champions and everyone, and i mean everyone in austin suddenly became a longhorn fan (except for loyal aggies, that is).
*jan 6th i had an epiphany that i might want to do wedding photography. sept. 25th i shot my first wedding. also related in photography - i started taking this hobby a bit more serious and got a good camera, some great lenses, did a handful of portraits, got a "real" website up and running, and did a contract job for a travel website.
*a bunch more people got married, a few had babies, and some more got engaged
*i went to vail, chicago, and disneyworld!
*GREAT MUSIC - besides the obvious weekend of ACL filled with numerous good shows, some other favorites of the year include, but are not limited to: stephen kellogg (2x), pat mcgee, david gray, jamie cullum, robert randolph, jonny lang, pete yorn (2x), and amos lee
*taylor hicks won american idol on my birthday and i fell in love with the show - so you think you can dance
*my pup of 12 years, mollie, went to doggie heaven
*my family entertained the idea of moving VA, decided against it, my parents bought a house across the street from my sister and decided to basically tear the whole thing down and make a new one
*i moved...AGAIN...4th residence in 20 months - should be a crime
*i decided i really hated my job...lost it..."enjoyed" the life of the unemployed for a while...got a new temporary job that's super boring but about 100x more enjoyable
*got my nose pierced and am still loving that!
*the ags proved themselves in basketball in the 05-06 season by beating 5th seeded syracuse in the first round and barely lost by a point to LSU in the 2nd round. they've continued to play well this season to assure ags that they aren't going anywhere
*my dear AI finished his days as a sixer and donned a new uniform as a nugget
*the popular extreme home makeover show came to austin and i went to the house to welcome the family home (with 3,000 other austinites..)

there you have it - 06 in a nutshell. here's to '07. cheers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, two things:

1. E-mail me and tell me where the Extreme Home Makeover house is... We're about to be housesitting right in that neighborhood, and I want to see it. Though it may be blatantly obvious, I don't know...

2. Where did you get your nose pierced, and how much did it cost? I'm really wanting to, if hubby warms up to the idea. I want to get more info about it.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kate, happy new year! KEEP BLOGGING IN 007! :)

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home