what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Sunday, May 27, 2007

you know it's bad when...

...you're wearing insect repellent INSIDE you're house.

yeah, we have a MAJOR flea infestation in our house and it's quite miserable. i never knew what an annoyance this could be until this week. my roomie has a dog but the dog has been gone for a month and so the fleas decided to start attacking the people. i can't be in my room, living room, or basically anywhere for more than a couple of minutes without seeing 3-4 fleas on me.

that's bad. i have, oh, 40 or so bites all up and down my feet and legs. it's awesome. i look like i have a real terrible skin disease. and so we have an exterminator lined up ready to take care of the problem. too bad he can't come out and spray until it stops raining. STOP RAINING!!!!

so that's been the excitement of the last week. me trying to think of ways to live inside my house somehow without being eaten alive by the stupid fleas. i sleep in pants and knee high socks on. i wear bug repellent at all times. i pop antihistamines like they're candy. i use benadryl cream like my life depended on it.

pity me. please.

on a lighter note, i had a FABULOUS birthday. thanks to anyone and everyone who sent me bday wishes via email, text, phone, etc. the day was great and spent with wonderful friends. 26 is gonna be a good year.

(minus the fleas)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kate, poor you. i know exactly how that feels. i used to have mega-flea bit attacks at my parents place. it was horrible! hang in there...the ghostbuster..exterminator..flea-doctor is coming...it really works!

don't scratch, k? they leave massive black marks on your skin that takes ages to get rid of...whatever you do...don't scratch! (a lot to ask for, i know!).

take care...

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home