what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Sunday, July 29, 2007

news bittles

well on a rather disappointing note i am calling it quits on the virtual tours job idea. business is booming, but just not in austin unfortunately. it might eventually come around and if it does then i'm on the call list however until then i'm just going to put it on the back burner. i was always a little skeptical about the whole thing although i believe it did have the potential to be pretty great and little false hopes kept me going. but the reality is that it hasn't come along yet and if i keep waiting for it to then i might just end up frustrated and broke.

but God has proved himself faithful as always. ive been a little restless about the whole unemployment situation lately and asking God for some direction. with the virtual tours deal done with i decided i needed to look into other jobs, perhaps even just part time gigs to provide some steady income while i let my photography supplement the rest. and im blessed that i'm getting enough photography jobs to actually supplement. well, i already have 3 job interviews next week for various jobs that all have some unique advantages to them. of course, none of them have been offered yet so i'm not necessarily going to get my hopes up, but the fact that they are there in the first place is great. i will keep you posted.

and in even more exciting news, my latest venture is to get some of my photography up in any local austin coffee shop or restaurant that will have me. i have a growing list of over 30 places and have so far only contacted about 10 of them and 1 already booked me! yes, in jan and feb of 08 (yes i realize thats quite a ways away but they book their art way in advance and this was the first available opening) i will be displaying my photography on the walls of satellite cafe in south austin. pretty awesome. i told myself that if i could just get one place out of all that i tried i would be happy. and not that im going to stop now though. i still have 20 places to contact and hopefully some of them will like my stuff as well!

life is good. God is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger CASEY said...

I'm so happy for you about satelite cafe! Way to go, Kate!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

katorade...I am so proud of you for makin' things happen. I know how frustrating and scary the unemployment scene can be (I've experienced it enough times)....you are a courageous soul and the world needs more like you :)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

that's awesome kate! good job!!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home