what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Sunday, July 08, 2007

twiddling my thumbs...

well heres an update on life. talked to virtual tours guy. the good news: all the other people originally interested have since backed out meaning that all business for austin comes to me. bad news: who knows if we'll get any business. there's 4 or so big cities that the company works out of and so far they've all done well; austin is just the slowest to get going. so...i wait. im going to stay hopeful. my fear now isn't that it's not legit or that i'm gonna slip between the cracks and be forgotten. the fear is that there just won't be enough work.

so, in the meanwhile, what do i do? hmmm. good question. ive spent the last couple of days working on projects. yes, i like to call them that b/c it sounds productive. and these are pics of my labor. they're photo collages. i think i posted a while back of another one i had done. you might not be able to tell well from the pics but it's actually made up of many different pics strategically put together to make the original pic. my ultimate goal is to sell them and maybe make some money. or at least get them up in a coffee shop or something. anyone know anything about that? anyone think anyone would be interested in owning something like this? would you? give me some money and we'll make it happen. ;)

so yeah, that's my life. work on 'projects,' work out, and read. oh, and watch my money slowly disappear as i continue to not make any. sweeeet.

in more exciting news, God brought me my mailbox key back. well first i should give you the full story. i have a key chain dillybopper where you can detach a part of the ring holding a separate set of keys and then easily reattach it using a little push and pull mechanism. anyways, about 2 weeks ago i evidently didnt reattach the dillybopper correctly and to my great dismay my mailbox key was lost. and to give you more background info: i love getting the mail. like a fat kid in a candy shop type of love. even though 85% of my mail is complete junk i still kinda get this small feeling of excitement like one would on christmas morning when i get the mail. thus, the inability to get the mail has caused great distress. i had basically given up on the fact that i would ever be reunited with the key. UNTIL TODAY. im walking up my steps and what do i see just laying on the step glistening in all its glory?? yes, my mail key. and no, it hasnt been there for the past two weeks. i know this bc for one, it's rained about a bazillion times and no way could it withstand some of the flooding. two, my roommates and i walk up and down those stairs everyday and no way would all 3 us miss it for 2 weeks. 3, i swept those stairs last weekend after i weed eatered the crap outta my yard and no way would i sweep my key. so...ive just decided that God brought it back. really there's no other explanation in my book. God knows i love getting the mail and decided He didn't want to deprive me of it anymore. plain and simple. thanks, God. appreciate ya.

highlight of my day tomorrow? yep. getting the mail.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Glad we found each others blog! So fun to see you! I may be interested in one of these photos... more details please... Casey has my e-mail

12:57 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I love your photo collages- I think Tyler brown might need one...

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home