what do you get when you take a little girl from korea, adopt her at 5 months, and raise her in a white family?
me. here are my profound thoughts. enjoy them.


Wednesday, June 07, 2006

well its better than iowa..

you might remember back in february when i shared a list of places i evidently wanted to go to for a family vacation if i had my choice. its important to know that this list was formed when i was 10 years old. some of the favorites were the animal shelter and iowa despite not knowing a soul there. you can read the post here if you want to be amused again.

anyways, family vacations dont happen often in our family but the occasion this year is my parents 40th anniversary and they want to celebrate by treating all the kids and grandkids to a vacation. doesnt make a lot of sense but like im complaining. so..it has been decided that we are all going to disneyworld for a week...in florida...in august. is anyone elses first reaction," gosh, thatll be hot!" bc that was definitely mine. and you gotta know my family to be entertained by this. my family is OBSESSED with disneyworld. this will be the 3rd year in a row that my sister and her family have gone and will be my parents THIRD time to go within a 15 month time span. um, hello my parents are in their 60s and act like 5th graders. i guess its kinda cute that they are still youthful like that and its not like they spend the whole time rushing around to ride all the rides - theres evidently a lot more to do at disneyworld these days. still, its just kinda weird. oh, and to further show my family's enthusiasm...i think it only took about 2 days for the flights to be booked, travel accomodations made, and the entire week itinerary made. and its only june.

so all to say...i guess im excited. not nearly as excited as anyone else in my family but maybe ill get there. or maybe after i get to take part in the fun ill see what all the hype is about. i imagine riding some rides, hugging some lifesize furry characters, and watching some fireworks shows or something. however those are the only memories i have from the last time i went back in middle school. i have a feeling things have changed a bit. lemme know if you want me to get you minnie mouse's autograph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home